Sunday, January 25, 2015

What Happens In Vegas...

After our rock climbing venture, Leo and I headed back towards Sin City. No, we did not get married by a preacher who looked like Elvis, though we may have joked about taking a picture portraying just that. Alas, there was no time for such shenanigans. Upon our arrival, we found our hotel, the Excalibur, which looks like a Disney castle and the guys started arguing over who was going to sleep in the Cinderella bed and who was going to get to sleep in the Belle bed. Once we finally got to our rooms, they were all quite upset to find only normal beds, and Leo immediately tried to open our 22nd story window so that he could rappel down the side of the building. Thankfully, it was sealed pretty well and he was one drink past putting real effort into opening it completely. 
I got to meet the Blackside Concepts crew that Leo works with, and needless to say, it was a sausage fest of Rangers. While they were all really cool and complete gentlemen, I honestly couldn't have been much happier when they said they were leaving to have a business meeting. Leo is great and all, but man I love my alone time! And after not having had any for almost a week of living in the van with him, I was quite content to walk the strip alone and then take a nap for a while. 
The next few days basically consisted of us all attending a few parties. First was the article 15 party at the house they rented. It was a rather nice place with enough whiskey to drown a dozen camels and plenty of beer. Leo and JT wound up serenading everyone at the party for a short time, signaling for a few fellas to strip down to ranger panties and jump in the hot tub.
JT and Leo serenading everyone
 For everyone's sake, I'll not show a picture of the fellas in their ranger panties. A few beers into the night I got dared by Tawny (aka @tacticalbikini of instagram) to punch Mat Best. For some reason, I thought this was a wonderful idea. I didn't hit him hard, and he took it like a champ, imploring me to box with him, to which I was obligated to oblige. He feeds pads (or palms, whatever) quite different than what I'm used to, so I kept throwing the wrong jab, but it was actually quite fun. Also, they introduced everyone to their new "Lead Slinger's Whiskey." I have to say, I hate whiskey. I can't shoot it, and I can't really mix it either because I'm a total bitch when it comes to alcohol. Honestly though, that shit is smooth. If I have to drink any kind of whiskey, it's going to be Lead Slingers. If it's stout enough for a bunch of rangers like the art 15 boys, and smooth enough for a bitch like myself, it's good shit.
Boxing with Mat Best

The next night Leo had a black and tan party to attend that was for members of the 75th Ranger battalion. It was on the 57th floor in a pent house in the Palms. The view was spectacular, but unfortunately, I don't have a photo. Immediately afterwards, we headed for the Ranger Up party at the Chateau night club in the Paris. Despite my failure to remember my ID, the door man was easily convinced that it had simply fallen out of my bra in the bathroom, and I was in fact old enough to get into the party. Win for this girl. A few folks from the black and tan party were there, and we had full access to the VIP lounge. I also got to meet Tim Kennedy, the SOFREP founders, and several other interesting folks. It would appear that Leo knows just about everybody. I was doing quite well with my alcohol consumption until the end of the night. Leo had just bought me a drink when the lights came on. Being someone that's not from Vegas, I took this as an indication that I needed to chug my drink before exiting the building. That was a horrible idea. I won't say that I would have fallen over had I not been holding onto Leo's arm, but he definitely provided me with a good bit of welcome stability.
The following day I woke up still drunk with a sinus infection and a low grade fever. The perfect way to fly home. Thankfully, Leo had given me a pink beanie earlier in the week that provided me with just enough darkness to try and sleep on the plane. Since my return, my pursuit of all things Europe has begun. I've sold several of my big ticket items, and only have a few more to go. Next I have to file my taxes, quit my job, and sell my car. Then I'll be on a one-way flight to Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment