Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Yeah, I Forgot...

I knew I was going to forget I had this..

Virtually nothing has happened since my last post. Except school.. School has happened. It's my last semester and I'm trying to figure out ways to graduate without even attending classes. So far, it hasn't worked. Not for lack of creativity, but because I'm one of those people who can't half-ass things very well. I'm either going to quit, or I'm going to do damn good at it. I'll procrastinate and do it at the last minute, but it's still going to be awesome.

A couple weekends ago I had a black tie affair to go to. AKA, "prom" at the drop zone (where I skydive).
Of the photos taken from that night, this is the only one I'm willing to show. It was entirely too fun, but some stories are better left untold. What happens at the DZ, sometimes needs to stay at the DZ. I will say though that I got to ballroom dance for the first time in several years. That alone could have made my night. I love ballroom dancing, though I was more than a little rusty at it. 

The next day was beautiful and I just got new Shimano Deore XT BR-M785 hydraulic disc brakes put on my mountain bike, so I went riding. The brakes were absolutely incredible! I thought my old brakes (Avid Juicy 3) were good. Welcome to having things that work. I was having entirely too much fun and decided to go off a jump at the bottom of my favorite trail. I've gone off this jump a million times and I've never wrecked. Any time Thomas has gone with me, he tells me not to go off it because the way it's set up is just a recipe for disaster. I went off it for the million and first time, only this time, my rear shock was still locked out. I guess that was the last ingredient I needed to spell disaster. I ate it, and Thomas finally got to tell me he told me so. Two weeks later and my knees, albeit no longer swollen, are still bruised.


I'm afraid this must conclude my post. Perhaps I'll get the chance to do something exciting this weekend since there's a biker rally in town. Until next time, I've reached the limits for procrastination on this policy memo I have to write.. Time to get that done..

No comments:

Post a Comment