Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Things I Should - or Shouldn't - Have Done

As we grow up and get older and more mature, we think about the things we should have done. I don't regret a single thing I've done, but there are a few things I could have done better. Could have taken that full ride to college. Could have tried a little harder at a few things. Wouldn't have dated that guy. Would have saved money instead of spent it - on what, no one remembers. Wouldn't have ruined that relationship. Would have been a better friend. But as life has it, we have to live and learn. That means not making the same mistake twice. That means analyzing the situation before you dive in head first. It also means living life to it's fullest. Have a little fun. Do what makes you happy. Even if that means you don't make as much money, have as nice of a car, or get to travel where you want to go. How many happy people do you see walking around with regrets? They may be saying, "Oh, I probably shouldn't have done it, but dang. Wasn't it awesome?" That's not to say that you should go out and buy a sports car when there's only $5,000 in your bank account. Don't be foolish. Figure out what you want to do in life, and go do it. That's my plan. This point of this blog, if I can remember to update it, is to follow me through my journey at finding new stuff to do. New exciting stuff. New fun stuff. And some of the old, of course. Stuff that makes me happy. And I'll probably end up venting about a few issues too, but oh well. Anyway, this has been my introduction. Right now, I'm going to avoid a major "should have" and go finish my final paper that's due tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment